Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another project!

I'm constantly stopping in a Salvation Army store that is on the way home from work. I don't usually take anything home, but you have to check regularly to find something cool - And yesterday I found this adorable mirror/jewelry holder for $4.


First I took it apart and sanded it. There weren't many scratches on it, but I did have to knock down some of the shine for painting. I also had to glue one of the little feet back in. It was wobbly and about to fall out. Then I painted it with the leftover paint I used on my stool.


After it was all dry I put it back together and I'm so happy with how it turned out! And it was such a quick and easy project!
  

I just love the little feet on the bottom! ...Now I just need to finally paint the necklace holder on the wall you can see in the reflection haha. I've been putting it off, but I can't have that sitting across the room from this adorable piece now!

* On an unrelated note, my mom bought me a sewing machine yesterday. She found it on Craigslist for $30 and it was a total steal! It's a Singer and it's in great shape. I'm not sure when I'll get around to using it yet, but I'm so excited! *

Chao,
Katie

1 comment: