Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vintage Suitcase Makeover with ASCP


It's been a while since I posted, but I have been up to a few things! Just too busy to post them!

I finally got my hands on some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint! Luckily Canabananas at The Market, within 5 minutes from where I live, happens to stock ASCP and I decided to start off with some Old White to paint this $6 thrift store vintage suitcase I found.

Before:

After:

I love the inside. It's in such great shape.


I had to tape off the fabric on the inside so I could paint that little ridge just above it. It took forever painting around that and the hardware, but I'm so happy with how it turned out! Luckily ASCP is awesome and it only took 2 coats - if the original color wasn't so dark, it would have only taken one I'm sure. I could just barely see color peeking through after the 1st coat.

I also bought the ASCP clear wax and want to put it on this eventually, I just haven't found the time for it yet. I haven't used a wax before and figured I should get acquainted with the clear before I try the dark wax!

Until next time,

I'm linking up at:
HOG
      Boogieboard Cottage

8 comments:

  1. katie that looks so adorable! and i love it on top of the black dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job! I have that exact suitcase, in about the same color. But mine came that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! there must have been lots of them. i saw it in a pinterest photo once too, but it was a soft turquoise color. not sure if it came that way or was painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I guess chalk paint is easier to work with on things like this? I have heard it's expensive. But I love how your suitcase turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Laurie. The chalk paint really seems to stick well on whatever surface. I didn't even primer or anything before painting this. Just wiped it off and went straight to painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your suit case turned out wonderfully. I haven't even thought of using ASCP to paint a suit case that I have. Great idea. Thanks for sharing it.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous. I love old suitcases and they look so pretty painted white. So fresh. You really got a great one with the perfect interior!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shared this on my vintage FB page today! Love it!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JAime-Vintaje/184469101599366

    ReplyDelete