Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ugly Desk Makeover!


Whew! What a long weekend! I'm happy to announce that on Friday I was offered a job at a wonderful nursing home in Midwest City, OK. So everything has been set into action and my boyfriend and I are moving to Oklahoma City next week!

...Which meant I had to finish this desk more than ever! My mom picked it up for me since she has more space to work than me. She was a huge help. We finished everything, except spray painting the hardware, on Saturday!

Here is the before:

U-g-l-y. And dark. It was just a cheap Craigslist find that I found a while back. It was the right price and my boyfriend needed a desk. It fit the small space we had so we bought it. It's been patiently waiting for months now to get a makeover.

My inspiration was this Miss Mustard Seed desk.


I even have a chair that looks incredibly similar to the one in her photo that I plan on using with the desk.

I wish the color of the hardware showed up better in my pictures. It's a really pretty dark chocolate color with  a little bronze shimmer. The brown tone is so pretty on the blue drawers.


I'd like to lightly distress the edges, but I left it this way for now. I'm a little nervous to do it. It's a cheap desk. Pretty sure it's that stuff with like paper over particle board, so I'm afraid of how that might work (or not work!).


I'll probably just leave it how it is and not risk it. It's already SO much better!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment today. I'm glad I could help you find a new place to shop upon moving to OKC. Congratulations on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I came across your blog through Keeping it Simple link party and I was really liking a lot of your stuff then i saw your moving to OKC. I live in OKC. I hope you enjoy it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its turned out adorable..wait...I meant manly(for the boyfriends sake;)!
    I do love the colors you used,great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog, hope to see you again soon.

    Good luck with your new job and move.

    ReplyDelete