Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cheap Thrills


I love a quick, easy project from a cheap find at a thrift store. I found this little tray earlier today for 50 cents.


I wanted to put my address number on the tray and didn't have the stencils for it, so I just printed out some numbers, cut them out, traced onto the tray with a pencil and filled them in. It's just as well - the lines won't be perfect on the bumpy tray anyway. I now have the tray hanging as a plaque on the wall in my kitchen =)


Also, I'm currently working on this small side table below that I found at a thrift store for $10. I have painted it white, distressed it and now glazed a small section of it, but I don't like how dark it is so I'm going to have to paint over that and water the glaze down a bit with paint thinner next time. I'll definitely post pictures when I'm finished with that, hopefully after this weekend.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment