Sorry took so long to post! I'm really excited with how this turned out.
I found it at, of course, the thrift store for a couple dollars.
Here it is before...
First I took it apart and painted it a cream color I already had.
Next I sanded kind of randomly to achieve a really worn out look. And for the final step, I dry brushed it with a grey and a brown paint. I wanted it to look really distressed and I'm really happy with how it ended up. I wish I had a photo of the Pottery Barn one I was trying to recreate.
Also today I picked up an adorable foot stool. It had been recovered and whoever did it had tried to attach the fabric using tape, so it's a little lumpy looking. But it's in great shape and I'll be recovering it anyway. That will be my next project on here probably, although I've been pretty busy lately and I'm not sure when I'll get to it.
I'm linking up here: